Here’s some information about the Orion EON Apochromatic Refractor
- A premium, 130mm (5.1 inch) aperture triplet ED apochromat offered at an unbelievably low price
- Three-lens ED optics and moderately fast f/7.0 focal ratio work together to provide superb visual and astrophotographic performance
- Huge 3 inch dual-speed (11:1) Crayford focuser provides precise focus control for sharp images and crisp visual observations
- A beautifully constructed, fully multi-coated triplet refractor telescope sure to impress any apo aficionado
- Includes two split-clamp tube rings and a triple-latch hard case for protection during transport and storage
I’ve been using this refractor for astrophotography for almost a year now, extremely pleased with it! Color is great, nice finish to it, it’s been problem free for me so far. I ended up replacing the focuser with a moonlite so I could automate my focusing routine, but the stock focuser works just fine and was very smooth. For those doing AP, a field flattener is needed. Amazing triplet, a I saw a recent image comparison between the 130mm EON and a Takahashi TOA-130mm where folks voted on which they thought was the Tak and which was the Orion, results were about 50/50, impressive for a scope that costs less than half of the Tak!